Table of contents
- The recent history of overdoses in Ohio
- Heroin-related crimes cause overcrowding in Portage County Jail
- Drug policy reform: a different approach
- Heroin legalization: an unconventional alternative
- Heroin recovery options
- How 90-day treatment programs can help
- The Face of Addiction
Heroin is an ongoing problem in the United States and Ohio. In the past six months, there have been nearly 100 heroin-related drug overdoses in Cuyahoga County, and amid record high drug arrests, the Portage County Jail is in need of expansion.
Here, we take a look at these problems, as well as potential solutions.
A brief history of heroin