What is Timeline JS?
Timeline JS is an easy way to create an interactive timeline to supplement an article.
What it can be used for:
When telling a story that revolves around dates, Timeline JS can be used as a form of multimedia that enables the user to see the dates with images and video rather than simply listing them.
How to use Timeline JS:
1. Log into your Google account and visit www.timeline.knightlab.com.
2. Next, click on the green “make a timeline now button” in the middle of the page.
3. Select “use this template” in the upper left hand corner. This will enabled you to edit the spreadsheet and input your data in the appropriate categories (start date, headline, text, media, etc….).
4. In order to implement media into your timeline, copy the link of an image or video you want to use and paste it under the “media” box.
5. After all of your data is in the timeline, go to “File” – “Publish to the web” and copy the embed code of your timeline.
6. Finally, import that code into the WordPress site, making sure you are in the text editing mode in the upper right hand corner.